1. About Pixel Biology
- The company, Pixel Biology, is located in Uppsala, Sweden. The address of the company is c/o BASE10, Klostergatan 10, 753 21 Uppsala, Sweden. Our organisational number is 830530-0314
- If you wish to get in contact with us, send us an e-mail to email@example.com with your contact information, and we will get back to you shortly.
- Once you have completed your order, an order confirmation will be sent to your e-mail address. In this confirmation you will fins all information regarding the products ordered, price and delivery address.
- If there should be any errors in the order confirmation, immediately contact us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All orders are subject to product availability. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that it will be able to fulfil Customer’s orders.
- Our normal delivery times are 4-6 weeks.
- If any delays in the delivery should occur (without us notifying you about this delay) you should contact us via e-mail to email@example.com.
- All prices in the shop are given in SEK or EUR and all prices includes 25% VAT.
- We reserve the right to make adjustments to the pricing due to changes in prices of sub-contractors, misprints or erroneous prices due to incorrect information.
5.1 Payment provider
- We offer payment through credit/debit cards via our e-commerce payment provider Bambora.
- All card information sent to our payment provider is encrypted via SSL, and is never stored by us.
- If you chose to store your debit or credit card information, this is done by Bambora, and no credit card information is stored by us.
- A reservation for the total amount is reserved on your card as you complete the order. We then review your order and charge your card within 1-3 days after the order has been placed.
- No additional transaction fees will be charged of you.
6. Return Policy
- After placing an order on the website, you as a customer have the right to cancel the order up to the point of sending back your DNA sample to us. Since all of our goods are custom made, we cannot offer any returns on completed products.
6.1 Use of our return policy:
- You need to notify us that you want to withdraw from your order. Send us a message containing your name, address, e-mail address, order number and which goods are to be cancelled, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You should immediately return any received sampling kits to us.
- You are liable for any postage fees associated with the return of any sampling kits to us.
- We reserve the right to deduct the value of any non-returned sampling kits from the repayment amount.
More information regarding your legal rights to returns can be found here.
7. Complaints and reclaims
- We inspect all goods before they are shipped to you. If the product should arrived damaged or otherwise incorrectly delivered, we will correct these issues free of charge.
- You must always contact us for approval before returning any defect goods.
- Complaints should be sent to us immediately after the defect has been discovered.
7.1 How to file a complaint?
- Any errors or defects should always be sent to email@example.com, where you state your name, address, e-mail, order number, and a description of the issue.
- If we are unable to correct the error, or deliver a equivalent product, we will refund you for the defective product according to current consumer protection laws. We will pay any shipping fees if a complaint is approved.
- We reserve the right to deny filed complaints if the product shows no defects as stated by current consumer protection laws. For complaints we follow the recommendation of the Swedish National Board for Consumer Disputes (ARN, www.arn.se)
8. Limitation of Liability
- We accept no responsibility for indirect damages that might have occurred due to our products.
- All our goods are made as design-products and should not be interpreted as having predictive power when it comes to hereditary means or identification.
- We do not accept responsibility for delays/errors due to circumstances outside of the company’s real of influence (Force Majeure). This may include labour disputes, fires, war, authority decision or failure of delivery from sub-contractors.
- Furthermore, no responsibility is accepted for any changes to the product due to properties changed by sub-contractors, or other factors outside our control.
9. Product Information
- We reserve the rights for any typos on this website and in end sales. We can not guarantee that the images presented on this website completely represent the products since small colour differences can occur due to computer screens, photo quality and resolution. We always achieve to represent our products as best as we can.
10. DNA samples
- All our DNA samples are anonymised by a barcode, ensuring that no DNA sample can be traced to any given individual.
- Upon completion and delivery of the product, all DNA samples are destroyed.
- All DNA samples are received and process in our own labs. No DNA samples leaves our labs with any information that could be linked to you as a customer.
- The products we produce can not be used in any forensic investigation, and contains no identifiable genetic information.
- No genetic information regarding health is generated, and can therefor not be sold or given to any third party.
11. Information regarding Cookies
12. Personal information
- By purchasing goods at Pixel Biology you accept our data protection policy and our processing of your personal data. We take your privacy very seriously and do not store any information that is not needed to facilitate your order. We will never sell or forward any of your personal information to a third party.
- Pixel Biology is responsible for the storage of any personal information you provide us as a customer. We process your personal data in order to facilitate your order, and in the case you have agreed to newsletters or promotional material.
- Following is a summary of how we store your personal information, as according to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
12.1 What is considered personal information?
- Personal information is all information that direct or indirect can be connected to a physical person.
12.2 What information do we store?
- In order to complete your order, and answer any questions regarding your order (customer service), we store your first and last name, address, phone number, e-mail address, IP address and purchasing history.
- Your information is stores as long as we have a legal reason to process your information. For example to fulfil the agreed upon purchase, or to manage any legal obligations such as bookkeeping.
12.3 Legal basis
- In connection with a purchase, your personal information is processed to complete the agreement with you.
Marketing, promotions and similar material is only sent with your consent.
12.4 What information is shared, and for what purpose?
12.4.1 Payment providers
- During a purchase, certain information is shared with our payment provider. The information shared is first and last name, address, e-mail address and phone number. If you have elected to pay with invoice, we also save your social security number. This information is saved in order to facilitate the transaction, and to protect both partners from fraud. De payment providers we use are Bambora, Visa, Mastercard.
12.4.2 Shipping companies
- In order to be able to deliver your goods and to be able to close our agreement, we share certain information with the shipping company. The information shared is first name, last name, and address. E-mail and/or phone number might be shared with the shipping company for notification purposes. The shipping company we use is: UPS
- A third party prints all our products. In order to facilitate the shipping from the printer to you we share certain information. The information shared is first name, last name and address. Our printing partner is: Picanova
12.4.4 News letter
- If you have elected to subscribe to our news letter we share first name, last name and e-mail address with our newsletter provider. This is done in order to be able to give you up to date information and promotions.
12.5 Right to access
- You have the right to request all stored information about you. Excerpts will be delivered in an electronically accessible format.
12.6 Right to correction
- You have the right to request us to update any incorrect information, or to update information that is incomplete.
12.7 Right to be forgotten
- You can at any time request that we delete all stored information about you. There are a few exceptions to this right, for example due to legal reasons (bookkeping laws)
12.8 Responsibility for data protection
- Pixel Biology is responsible for storage and processing of all personal information from the web shop, and to make sure that all applicable law is followed.
12.9 How we protect your personal information
- We employ industry standards such as SSL/TLS and one-way hash-algorithms for the storage, processing and communication of sensitive information such as personal information or passwords.
13. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and any time. These changes will be published online on our website. The updated terms are considered approved while placing an order or visiting the website.
14. Unresolved disputes
- In case of a dispute that can not be solved by the company’s customer service and the customer, you as a customer can turn to the Swedish National Board for Consumer Disputes (ARN, www.arn.se). If you are the resident of a EU-country, besides Sweden, you can turn to the EU-commissions platform for complaints for dispute mediation, http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
- In case of a dispute, we honour the decisions by ARN or other, equivalent, dispute resolution bodies.
- Disputes regarding the interpretation or application of these terms should be interpreted according to Swedish law.